After seeing a post on Cassey Ho’s blog I had to try out her two ingredient pancakes! Everyone knows that pancakes are delicious but I do know a few haters out there. Here’s a way to satisfy your pancake craving without compromising health. This recipe isn’t really low calorie but I’m sure you can make it so! I always have a breakfast which is generally higher in calories than my other meals just because I do Insanity straight after breakfast!
I was experimenting when I made these pancakes so there’s no set recipe but I’ll try and estimate what the measurements were because I pretty much eyeballed it. Changes in the measurements aren’t going to make a huge amount of difference.
BLUEBERRY & BANANA PANCAKES
- 1/2 cup of blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 Banana
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 1 scoop of protein powder (30g)
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tbs of Philadelphia cream cheese for cooking (could be ricotta, greek yogurt or other creamy goodness)
- Pinch of baking powder (I didn’t use this but I think it will make them fluffier)
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- Greek yogurt and extra blueberries (to serve)
- Put the banana, oats, protein powder, cinnamon, baking powder and any other flavours (peanut butter maybe?) that you want in a blender or something similar. (I used a bowl and a soup blending tool)
- Add the cream cheese and blend.
- Add milk slowly until the desired consistency is reached.
- Blend blend blend!
- Heat up your pan to about a medium heat.
- Spray with olive oil or any other oil/butter etc.
- Spoon some mixture onto the pan (make sure it’s a bit bigger than your spatula) and let it cook until a number of big bubbles form.
- It’s pretty sticky but try to get the pancake onto the spatula, while it’s off the pan re-spray the surface and then flip over the pancake.
- Cook until… I don’t know 2-3 minutes? Then pop them on a plate!
- Place the remaining berries for sauce in a microwave for about 40 seconds to 1 minutes
- Stack up your pancakes and add greek yogurt and the berries
- Voila! You’re done!
It’s about 522 calories+ without the sauce. I ate about 2/3 of the pancakes for breakfast this morning. So delish!
So tell me if this recipe works!
ily a trilly!