Seeing as last time my pancakes were a little on the high calorie side… This is a low calorie version of pancakes!! It’s so yummy and filling I assure that you won’t be disappointed. 🙂
Apple pancakes! (This time under 300 calories)
I/3 cup oats
1 grated apple (I used Fuji)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 egg (or two egg whites)
Pinch of baking powder
1/4 cup almond milk (unsweetened)
Greek yogurt, cinnamon and chia seeds to serve
1. Blend together the oats and cinnamon
2. Add the apple, egg and almond milk. Blend
3. Heat the pan to a medium heat
4. Spray with olive oil
5. Cook Le pancakes… You might have to spray before flipping over as well.
6. Voila! Guilt free pancakes!
After seeing a post on Cassey Ho’s blog I had to try out her two ingredient pancakes! Everyone knows that pancakes are delicious but I do know a few haters out there. Here’s a way to satisfy your pancake craving without compromising health. This recipe isn’t really low calorie but I’m sure you can make it so! I always have a breakfast which is generally higher in calories than my other meals just because I do Insanity straight after breakfast!
I was experimenting when I made these pancakes so there’s no set recipe but I’ll try and estimate what the measurements were because I pretty much eyeballed it. Changes in the measurements aren’t going to make a huge amount of difference.
BLUEBERRY & BANANA PANCAKES
- 1/2 cup of blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 Banana
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 1 scoop of protein powder (30g)
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tbs of Philadelphia cream cheese for cooking (could be ricotta, greek yogurt or other creamy goodness)
- Pinch of baking powder (I didn’t use this but I think it will make them fluffier)
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- Greek yogurt and extra blueberries (to serve)
- Put the banana, oats, protein powder, cinnamon, baking powder and any other flavours (peanut butter maybe?) that you want in a blender or something similar. (I used a bowl and a soup blending tool)
- Add the cream cheese and blend.
- Add milk slowly until the desired consistency is reached.
- Blend blend blend!
- Heat up your pan to about a medium heat.
- Spray with olive oil or any other oil/butter etc.
- Spoon some mixture onto the pan (make sure it’s a bit bigger than your spatula) and let it cook until a number of big bubbles form.
- It’s pretty sticky but try to get the pancake onto the spatula, while it’s off the pan re-spray the surface and then flip over the pancake.
- Cook until… I don’t know 2-3 minutes? Then pop them on a plate!
- Place the remaining berries for sauce in a microwave for about 40 seconds to 1 minutes
- Stack up your pancakes and add greek yogurt and the berries
- Voila! You’re done!
It’s about 522 calories+ without the sauce. I ate about 2/3 of the pancakes for breakfast this morning. So delish!
So tell me if this recipe works!
ily a trilly!