Should I start by saying ‘Happy New Year!’? I feel like you’ve probably already heard it about twenty times already. I had to take this opportunity to find a recipe I tried today! It’s amazing since it’s gluten free, low carb and quick. It’s (as you can probably tell) a flaxseed wrap! It’s so good and I’m sure you can mix it up to suit whatever’s in your pantry. The original recipe is found here!
Please try this! It’s such a good idea and massive timesaver!
- 3 Tablespoons of ground flaxseed
- 1 egg (I used 3 tbs egg white)
- 1 Tbs melted coconut oil (I’m sure any other oil would also work)
- 1/4 Teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon of water
(These are the basic ingredients, I also added salt and curry powder to my wrap to give it more flavour so do as you will!)
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave for 20 seconds and then using 10 second burts.
- Add the egg and water and mix it all together.
- Add the ground flaxseed and your flavourings
- Oil whatever you’re cooking it on (I just spread it on a dinner plate)
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes
- Allow to cool and eat!
This is a great, easy recipe which is super versatile and can be awesome when you’re trying not to consume too many carbs in your diet. If you try this, I’d like to know what spin you put on it- so tell me! I filled mine with a mixture of tuna, hummus and mustard, along with cucumbers, alfalfa, lettuce, carrot and avocado! It was super yum and makes for a great lunch! I think that it could be used as a tortilla as well!
Have a great 2014 everyone!